Circle of Blue is hiring a part-time Communications Associate to manage and expand the reach of our growing news organization. This person is responsible for managing social media and content creation across several platforms. The ideal candidate will have experience in social media and/or written communications, and an interest in freshwater science and social issues.
This is a part-time, contract position.
This position is remote.
- Develop dynamic digital content, including videos and graphics, for distribution across several platforms.
- Monitor and manage Circle of Blue’s social media presence on various channels.
- Craft written communications, including organizational newsletters and occasional blog posts.
- Assist in managing Circle of Blue’s website with necessary content.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to manage and grow social media presence.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Skilled in creating short-form video content and graphics for a diverse online audience.
- Experience working with social media scheduling platforms like Hootsuite and Later preferred.
- Experience with content creation software including Premiere Pro, Illustrator, After Effects, or Canva preferred.
- Ability to learn new processes and platforms quickly.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced newsroom and ability to prioritize multiple projects at once.
To apply, please send a resume and at least 3 work samples to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as received and the position will remain open until it is filled.
Compensation begins at $20/hour or more dependent on experience.
Circle of Blue, a nonprofit news organization covering freshwater issues globally, is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace, encouraging applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.