Great Lakes News
- St. Ursula standout freshman Mia Buff follows family swimming traditionon February 8, 2023 at 6:34 pm
In just her third year in the pool as a competitive swimmer, St. Ursula freshman Mia Buff is already making some sizable waves in keeping up with her family legacy.
- Police seek suspect in fatal 2022 Toledo shootingon February 8, 2023 at 5:54 pm
Toledo police are asking the public for help to find a suspect in the death of a 32-year-old last fall.
- Blade basketball polls: Cardinal Stritch boys take No. 1 spot after big winon February 8, 2023 at 5:12 pm
Here are The Blade’s high school basketball polls for this week.
- Court hears murder case under new self-defense lawon February 8, 2023 at 4:54 pm
COLUMBUS — An attorney for a convicted Toledo murderer on Wednesday urged the Ohio Supreme Court to require trial and appellate courts to separately weigh whether a defendant's claim that he acted in self-defense has been refuted beyond a reasonable doubt before a case goes to the jury.
- St. John's hockey goalie Lojewski stands tall in neton February 8, 2023 at 4:45 pm
At 6-foot-5, St. John's Jesuit goaltender Zack Lojewski covers a lot of net, but the senior augments his size with agility and hockey smarts.
- Microsoft's Activision deal hurts gamers, UK watchdog sayson February 8, 2023 at 4:26 pm
LONDON — Microsoft’s stalled $68.7 billion deal to buy video game company Activision Blizzard has hit a fresh hurdle in the United Kingdom, where the antitrust watchdog said Wednesday that it will stifle competition and hurt gamers.
Detroit Public Television’s Great Lakes Bureau, GreatLakesNow.org, shares stories about the unique culture and history of the Great Lakes basin and explains the ways the fresh water of the Great Lakes generates jobs and economic activity and creates a wealth of recreational opportunities.
Great Lakes Daily News, formerly GLIN Daily News, is a collection of news articles of interest to the Great Lakes community, curated daily by Great Lakes Commission staff.
Great Lakes Today, a new Regional Journalism Collaborative, increases coverage of the iconic lakes and the people who live in the region.
The Healing Our Waters-Great Lakes Coalition’s mission is to secure a sustainable Great Lakes restoration plan and the federal funding to implement it.
The Fund is a mission-based investor. We fund projects because of their expected benefits to the health of the Great Lakes ecosystem and use several criteria to evaluate project ideas: